Strenco Invasion

Brian..

I've noticed quite a number of Strenco ST1 robots on the market recently with quite a few mint boxed examples. Here's just one of the listings that looks like an old stock find of some sort. Anyone have any info?

strenco.jpg

Perhaps Brian could enlighten you, but I can say it's not an ebay listing, Paul, that's all I can say not wishing to spoil it for a potential bidder.

The listing is for the German auction site, Anticomondo. It has regular robot and space toy sales. It's often the source of stock finds such as the little SY astronaut that turned up in quantity last year.  Some of those that you had, Paul, probably originated here.

I can't see any reason not to inform fellow collectors of this site. We regularly post the offerings of Smith House and Morphy.

I'm also thinking of a mint boxed listing on Tradera, an overpriced Japanese example in box on Ebay, another mint boxed example finishing today at SMG Marketing, and a friend's mint boxed example purchased a week ago - he won't tell me where from.

SMG Marketing actually sell their stock in a confusing way, so you'll see their Strenco finishing each day in what looks like an auction format.  

Nontheless that's eight examples, five in boxes. 

I would concur that this appears to be an old stock find of some kind.......great for anyone interested in this piece. Wonder if our German members have any info....

Thx for the info Brian.

11 hours ago, steve said:

I would concur that this appears to be an old stock find of some kind.......great for anyone interested in this piece. Wonder if our German members have any info....

Thx for the info Brian.

Perfect "Patina"  buy it for the key:)

12 hours ago, steve said:

Steve .... I simply have no clue. But for me these box and robots don't look like minty samples. 🤔

Just like to add my 5 cents.

ST1 is not that super rare robot, it is always to be found on the common auction or dealers sites in all conditions and price ranges. Since the reproduction came out it probably lost its status of an old rare robot, even it belongs to the earlier tin robots dated back to 1954/55 in the timeline directly after Lilliput, Atomic robot man. 

It is not unusual that someone had collected a few of these and put it on auction. I myself have had it several times in different conditions over the years.

So I think it is nothing unusual that this robot surfaces more than once at the same time. At the end we see that the robot is more common as expected, probably, but remains still a beautiful piece of toy robot history- and the one and only German tin robot! 

By the way, Brian, your information about the auction house seems to be wrong (fake news ? lol) as it is listed in another auction house („Mars“ in Wuerzburg, Germany) for a coming up auction. 

C75ED10C-E908-4E8E-A715-2646C9EE8861.jpeg.d53fc81f3d6e92cc840b054ec1ec7bad.jpeg