Mr. Radicon 3D print on top of Thingaverse base

Golddalek

RobotHut made a RC Motor Base on Thingaverse a couple yrs ago.

I had Scupteo make me a base.....but was never sure what to put on it.šŸ¤”

.....I have little imagination....

Ā 

After watching 'Radicon Robot'Ā  videos as demo'd byĀ John & Ozzie, I decided to give itĀ 
the 'ol College try.......Took me a few months to draw, to get the design down...I work full time.

Ā 

It looks simple but the shape is more complex than meets the eye, even hadĀ  to purchase a small 4 inchĀ reproduction

Radicon Windup toy for $24 on ebay, just to get the shapes double checked....I almost gave up.

Ā 

After being satisfied with the object file,Ā I paid a couple HUBS on TreatStock to make someĀ PLA prints. ( I don't own a 3D Printer)

Then used a Arduino Pro Mini board & a H bridge....old design from ebay which threw me a curve with writing sketches, then had to buy voltage regulators

to get the 3 AA cellsĀ  to maintain +5 vĀ  for the Pro Mini and +12 v for the H-bridge driver for the RC motors.

After 20 trials & errors with sketches, I uploaded the latest program....It's got acel & decel for straight motions butĀ  a bit stiff on turns ( will have to adjust the code later)

But I wanted to show 'some results'....Maybe John may see his works are really being used out there fromĀ ThingaverseĀ instead of being ignored.

Ā 

Originally I was going to Green screen a nice back drop but I didn't hangĀ the sheet smooth enough, ( results looked wonky) . So I left it out.

Least my ugly wall is covered.Ā šŸ‘¾

Ā 

RadiconFRONT.jpg

RadiconSIDE.jpg

RadiconBACK.jpg

Lab1.jpg

Lab3.jpg

6 hours ago, Andyman said:

Nice work. G! Although the robot was kind of a jerk for knocking down that cactus. šŸ˜‰

Took me 3 or 4 takes, that was the least destructive one,

so I went with it....Robots will be robots.šŸ¤–

• 2 weeks later...