What gun is this?

Joe K.

883531223_hubleyraygun.jpg.655589f2e8ec15d0e18020b43fb7391a.jpg

Seller identified it as Hubley, but it is unmarked. Broken hammer. 2" long.

Space gun, or is it a more Earthly weapon with a bad silencer?

The recently ended listing #144507222790.

@Joe K.  If I am not mistaken, and I usually am lol , I believe ( or my guess would be ) this was a key chain from the 1970s purchased either on a card or a vending machine possibly( maybe made in Hong Kong?) I believe the seller put Hubley in the description to get attention to the listing.  I also believe it was a single cap firing pistol. It's subjective on whether or not one would consider this a ray gun or a James Bondish style earthly weapon. I would consider this a ray gun. There is one on Etsy right now. As far as I know Hubley only made one space gun.

I wish I had more than my opinion to offer you. I did have one of these when I was in elementary school in the 1970s.

cap ray.jpg

I've seen these come up from time to time, and I think Tikidoc is dead on; this looks like a circa-1970s toy you could get out of a gumball machine (the BIG gumball machines like they had next to exit on your way out of Woolworth's...I won a pet rock once!).  To my eye, this looks more like a James Bond / Avengers / Man from UNCLE sort of weapon, complete with silencer.

Greetings All!

I was off on my assessment. It was made in Taiwan. I just found this carded version from the 1970s. The photo isn't that clear, the seller says it's from the 1970s and the card size is 3.5 inches by 5.5 inches. I doesn't refer to any type of gun specifically. The seller says Ray gun styling, but again that is subjective.   I hope this information helps.

Cheers

Vintage 1970s Cap gun RAYGUN SPACE GUN MOC.jpg