Imai Patrol Robot

Brian..

Good pick - I had won one in a yahoo auction only to have it completely damaged in transit. This was the closet I have come to owning an original.  

Here are a couple more pics from that great book - in case others haven't got it.
This Patrol robot has a variety of looks.   In the artist's rendition, I like that simplicity of the chest design - and of course, the suggestion of lit eyes 🙂

For that finished fellow that's shown in the book - I wonder if that was a standard model kit, or a mod from a builder?

I know the model makers seemed to have a few options as far as simplicity of build / price point entry.
Many of the Tet 28, Thunder, etc had several variations available.     
It's fun to imagine that there are still kit (and build) variations sitting somewhere to be found. 

20220413_101602.jpg

20220413_101812.jpg

20220413_101635.jpg

I also think we could call this guy the hitch hiker - or the Fonzie-bot.
He seems to be all about giving the thumbs up!

I've been busy with the Patrol Robot and re-created four of the colour combinations from the various 1960s ads. Black is still my favourite.

patrol.jpg

Great line-up!   If you feel like parting with the blue fellow, you know where to find me 🙂
Awesome art, Brian!

indeed, an excellent line up. The black/red is one of the most striking combos.

a blue and gold version would be nice too, matching the art Kirk shared.

Making any kits of this guy?

Mick, this guy just arrived!   
If I should have a stroke while reading the news, I'll instruct my wife to senf this to you!

Excellent work, Brian - the detail work that you've been building on keeps getting finer and finer!   Hats off to you!

20220427_161518.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me the height of the original Imai Patrol Robot - without antenna? I've always worked from photos and have no idea how big the original is, except that it's much smaller than my version. 

Golddalek, these were Japanese market releases. 

Well, it appears that originals are little buggers. Marcy tells me the original is just over half the size of my version.