To 103,000

Eagle

Novel video of the Eagle doing a run-up prior to a vertical takeoff. Shows a perfect example of the EEC working with the Convergent/Divergent nozzle segments. The whistling sound comes from the pneumatic nozzle control motors. The nozzles close down all the way at Full military throttle to accelerate exhaust gasses to the maximum velocity..As you advance the throttle through Full mil power into the 5 stages of afterburner the nozzles move to full open to accommodate the massive pressure increase. At 60,000 lbs of thrust the Eagle will accelerate to above Mach 1 in a vertical climb at 50,00 ft/min to 103,000 FT. Not bad for an aircraft that will have been operational for 50 yrs . To put in perspective,,the year I got my Drivers license . 🤖   I do miss it's power and elegant lines.  My son took me to the AF museum for the first time in 25 yrs..I was able to rub the belly of the Eagle..As I emerged from underneath the aircraft with a huge smile. A young woman was standing there..She said,,this is a beautiful airplane..Do you know anything about it ? She is well versed on the subject now...😆