Lenticular: Now You See It, Now You Don't..Lenticulars

H.I. Gosses

A little while ago, this forum was good enough to provide me with the wonder-word:

Lenticular. (the Winky Eyes trick)

A search on eBay had yielded some images that are useful for

robot-making purposes. ---And some others like Christ on the cross

with/without tears in his eyes, apart from hundreds of ladies with/without

bathing costume.

I want to make a series of small (Garage ) robots, with a tv screen. In it should be a

Space scene; Preferably a meteor as this gives a nice name to the robot.

There seem to be some programs to make your own images, and some of the

ingredients, like the lenses, are available.

However, as often the case with internet, there is a lot, an overpowering lot.

of information. I was wondering if any of you has ever made his/her own

"Vari-Vue" image. (if a reader and not a member h.gosses@planet.nl )

I know John made Winky eyes, but I am not sure what he did.

Could he please enlighten me?

I hope your collective wisdom, will set me on the right way, as it so often does.

Mr. Gosses has a great mind and is a very original thinker!

Where ever does he get his great idea's from???!

post-2-1111693810.jpg

henk, i have collected old vari-vue lenticular pieces for years. there is one guy who knows plenty about this stuff and will also help you out. touch base with sheldon aronowitz in new york. he is a viewmaster guru, but also knows scads about lenticular. very pleasant fellow and a lot of fun to talk to. his email address is king3ddd (at) AOL dot commmm. [doing my best dr. atomic imitation here.]

Here is one of the smoothest Vari-Vue pieces out there....

Yes the winky eye repair I did was before the repro winkys were avalible other wise I would not have done it. I got a 3D lenticular picture of a sailboat that seemed to have about the same lenticular ridge spaceing as the origional winky robot eye. I scraped off the sail boat picture and glued the eye art work to the new lenticular, with alittle line up work the effect was perfect. I used the remaining good eye to get he eye artwork.

Henk, one of my friends works with 3-D imaging -- all sorts -- and might have a line on lenticular lens information. I'll ask him and post results (if any).

Sounds like an interesting project -- can't wait to see how it comes out.

Henk, I found this web site where they will do the Pro. interlacing for you useing Variograph soft ware, they also provide all the information and matterials you need to do what you are trying to do or they will do it for you. They do small runs or teach you to do your own small runs.

http://www.3dphotopro.com

If you want to make your own 3D and Flip lenticular pictures by yourself without buying an expensive professional interlacing software, I can interlace your frame sequences for you on the professional interlacing software "Variograph". You will be able to print as many copies as you want.

• Brian.. changed the title to Lenticular: Now You See It, Now You Don't..Lenticulars

Archived