Joy Toy "Star Warriors" Archer Robots?

space.trucks

Not my collection and nothing I'm shopping for but caught my eye. Seen dozens of examples of the "Star Warrior" sets of Ajax figures but can't recall seeing any Archer product in them. If I my understanding is correct Joy Toy was packaging these sets in response to Star Wars (1977) which pre-dates Glencoe Models Archer re-issues. Would they be leftover 50s stock?? they look like the real thing to my still n00bish eye. I know Ajax's molds ended up with Joy Toy but don't recall reading of them doing Archer robots.

Set is currently up for grabs at that well known vending platform, I won't be bidding so, smoke em if you got em.

s-l1600-0.jpg.9434f35c2a4f08ee2d88826ae0066b45.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg.9adcbd8ece8303b329f8ba188da3fbe5.jpg

I suspect these have been re-packaged. Look closely at the current staples and previous staple holes in that header card.

On 3/16/2022 at 3:49 PM, Joe K. said:

I suspect these have been re-packaged. Look closely at the current staples and previous staple holes in that header card.

Now that you got me looking closer, the hole punch reveals a whiter looking paper/cardboard on the folded over side than I would expect for a header card so battered, though it could just be the way the picture was exposed. I have an Archer robot and was also thinking that must be quite the large & sturdy bag to hold so many of them.

I think you guys are right.  Somebody is trying to pass off Glencoe issues as items from a different period.  Since the robot was made in equal numbers to the other Archer figures this would mean that there are now five more incomplete Glencoe sets out there in five unique colors.  However, for those who collect Glencoe color variations for reference purposes this bag is ideal!  I would have bought it for that reason alone, depending upon the price being asked.  Besides, the Metallic Cranberry and Metallic Blue are both gorgeous colors that were only used in the UK and Mexico for vintage Archer figures, as far as I know, and I have always preferred them.  Since there is no cheap way to find pieces in those colors then this bag is also a unique opportunity for that reason.

• 2 weeks later...