Passive walking robot. AKA Willie Walker the mechanical man.

robothut

I will start off with some build info and pictures then add the video links.

Here you can see the parts that make up the passive walking mechanics. I printed the parts in different colors to make it easy to see the parts. Also I did not have enough of any one color filament left to do it any other way. There is a LEft and Right leg. Each leg has front detail part that gets glued on. Each leg has a crown gear and a hole for the single 1/8 inch "3.1mm" axel.

The main frame is the dark red color and has 2 pinon gears attached with nails so they can freely turn but not fall off.

The black side covers get glued on at the top and hold the assembly together.

S1380001.jpg

I am using the 1:48 TT gear motor. It will be running on a single AA battery.

There are 2 wheels with rubber O rings for traction. The wheels fit the "D" shafts and are held on with #2 taping screws.

S1380003.jpg

The sides of the cart bucket get glued to the cart base. Also I wired the motor and switch up. The switch mounts to the back of the cart bucket.

S1380007.jpg

The modified Drone body gets glued to the passive walking mechanical legs that I already assemble in step 1.

My thought was since in the movie Silent Running they had different attachments for the drones why not a set of walking legs and new arms .

S1380008.jpg

The Left and Right arms have two parts to them that you glue together. The arms get glued to the cart with #2 taping screws.

S1380009.jpg