Crank Rifle

MrRayGun

That is the Buddy L Spitfire Machine Gun, 1953.  It's on the cusp of what collectors consider a space gun.  On one hand, it has wonderful, Flash-Gordon-like lightning bolts and stars on the stock, but on the other hand, the name and box art clearly market this toy as an army gun.  Justin Pinchot has it listed on his ray gun website, although I notice it's not on Alphadrome.  I've thought about collecting this myself, but came down on the side of "not spacey enough."  It's cool and well-made, but to my eye, it looks too much like a "cheese-grater" machine gun from the First World War, and not enough like anything Buck Rogers would use.

I wasn't aware of the gun. I've checked it on Google and seen it listed in various militaria categories, but I've not seen any one promoting its space context. I guess it's a matter of taste and the stock decoration will persuade some. It's a serious looking machine gun! 

Thanks guys. Yeah, this was a new one to me as well. It popped up one one of my auction feeds so I was contemplating adding it to the collection but wasn't a hundred percent sure about it. However the decision was made for me since I missed the auction deadline and was out bid by $10. Hate it when that happens.

But, thanks to Nick, we know a little bit more about it. Perhaps it could be added to the Alphadrome arsenal.

Thanks again guys!

Happy hunting...in the FuturePast.