The Monkees' Mike Nesmith has passed

Roboto

Mike Nesmith, the genius musician, songwriter, filmmaker, and pop-culture innovator best known as the dry-witted, wooly-hatted guitarist/co-frontman of the 1960s’ zeitgeist-capturing TV band the Monkees, has died at age 78. The news comes less than a month after he and his bandmate Micky Dolenz wrapped the Monkees’ farewell tour with an emotional performance at Los Angeles’s Greek Theatre on Nov. 1

Michael Nesmith has passed away this morning in his home, surrounded by family, peacefully and of natural causes.

R.jpg

Terrible news. 😟 Had the pleasure of meeting Nesmith at a Monkees con in East Rutherford, NJ years ago after meeting Davy, Peter, and Mickey each at separate cons previously.  All four of them were fantastic in person. In addition to 8x10 photos, I had the booklet signed from the Monkees Anthology CD set. 

I've reached the age where all of my childhood heroes and entertainers are leaving us. 

Monkees.jpg.d312abf948a09fe8b23c610ebb4f47b2.jpg266311622_10221619361095725_8082067443331174724_n.jpg.2fcf16b403d1a09dfa41160af24cdf39.jpg