The Tiny Red Missile That Shook Up The Toy Industry In 1979

Kanaan

A brief article about the infamous red missiles that sparked safety concerns for Mattel's Battlestar Galactica toys and forced Kenner to abandon their initial design for the Boba Fett action figure. Choking hazard aside, it's unlikely that Fett's "missile firing backpack" would have survived more than a few days before the missile was lost in the lawn, ended up in a vacuum cleaner bag, or the mechanism broke. 😆

Click here to read the article.

-

Toy Missile 1979.jpeg

My younger brother got all kinds of Micronaut toys for Christmas with springs removed and missiles glued in place. Me and another brother freed the missiles and insert springs from click pens to get them back in working order. Then my younger brother went and shot his eye out.

On 11/21/2021 at 5:12 PM, Andyman said:

My younger brother got all kinds of Micronaut toys for Christmas with springs removed and missiles glued in place. Me and another brother freed the missiles and insert springs from click pens to get them back in working order. Then my younger brother went and shot his eye out.

Yikes! I'm sorry to hear that. 😟