The Difference Between CRM and Radical Robots?

Joe K.

Besides the body color difference, do these two robots function differently?

I notice on the Chief Robotman box, the toy is shown with lighted eyes and dome. The box for Radical Robot shows only the dome lit up.

Do they both make "noise"?

Anybody know?

Joe, I have 4 different color variations (on page 12 of the robot hut) as far as I know and have seen the Chief Robot Man, Radical Robot and Moon robot are all the same toy. They all make 2 different sounds, a click click sound when moveing in bump and go and a sequentual mechanical sound when the head and ears are working, the light on top is the only light in the toy and will flash off and on as the head ,ears are working, but the light may stay on or off depending on if the light contct switch was off or on when the robot changed back to bump and go.

Thanks, John. I figured if anyone would know, it'd be you!

What's the other color variation? The one with what looks like orange colored eyes and chest knobs?

And, what's your best guess as to which Yoshiya robot is pictured here?:

http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/viewimage....21d3e600-c8907&

The ad copy from this 1962 Rike's Toyland Catalog doesn't help. It calls him "Electric Robot".

Mystery Moon Man, Chief Robotman and Radical Robot may all be variations of the same style robot, but the three different boxes indicate three different toys. I doubt if they were all released at the same time. Anybody know for sure the "win, place & show" positions for this trio???

I got my Chief Robotman back today John--thank you for your repair! I love the action and the rotating antenna gizmos are awesome. I was wondering whether the eyes were supposed to light up as well, too bad they don't, but I am very pleased with the bot coming back to life.

The Chief is my favorite color combination of the three but the least rare from what I understand.

Craig glad the robot got to you safe and that you happy. it may have some rust issues but it a great bot!

Joe the robot in the link you posted looks to be the silver body with orange dome.eys and chest parts, this is also the same verion that I got for Xmass as a kid the box for mine was called Radical Robot. The other 3 color version of the robot have the darker red dome, eyes and chest parts, one has the dark gray body, one has the silver body and the last has a light metalic blue body same as the MIGHTY ROBOT that has the see threw head with gears in it.

I have always thought that this silver body with the orange plastic was first and that the other came later and that might explain why they all have the same color plastic parts.

post-2-1049572746_thumb.jpg

I was always under the impression that all Mystery Moon Man robots were white bodied, and that all Radical Robot robots were blue bodied, and that all Chief Robotman robots were silver/grey bodied. Your Christmas experience, John, seems to prove otherwise.

• Brian.. changed the title to The Difference Between CRM and Radical Robots?

Archived