• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian..

• ROBODUDE

• RoboDerby

• K-9

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The camera has flattened the face detail, K-9. I'm just working on a simple mechanism to move the guns. I should have done it at an earlier stage. Now it's more awkward.

There's a second robot in the series, the SPARK-X. The box artwork produces a rather impractical long-armed robot with a wonderful grinding wheel in the chest. Great fun to build:

I like how you just sprung Spark X on us. No fanfare, no build up, just ho-hum here’s another wildly cool build, just whipped it up without a thought.  
another winner!

love it!

I'd love to make a run of these but at the moment I'd rather work on some new models. If I get the time and energy I'll get back to you. 

• 2 weeks later...

The smoke mechanisms finally arrived from China. They are mist generators and are very cheap.  They happily run off 3xAA cells and there's plenty of power left for the walking mechanism. There are a couple of issues. First, you need to be able to access the tiny on-off switch on the electronic board. To achieve this I've turned one of the ear antennas into a simple switch. The mist unit is either fully on or in an intermittent mode with 10 seconds of smoke followed by a 5 second pause. Second, you need to keep a long wick in close proximity to that circular metal disk and keep it damp. I've made a sealed tube that can be easily topped up with water.

IMG_20211116_225746848.jpg

Well, now King Smoke is living up to his name. You see the smoke best against a dark background in the first few seconds. 

Here's a closer view so you see the strength of the smoke stream. The ear antenna connects with the switch. It's well concealed!