Squatty-Body Premier Spaceman

Tinman

I saw this auction but didn't follow through with the reasonably priced BIN because I don't really need more of these spacemen, although it contained a variant I haven't seen before.  The far-left silver example seems to be a shorter, well rounded version of what I'm used to seeing.  Was this grouping picked up by a Dromer, I'd love to see some side-by-side photos and hear opinions from the group?  Has anyone seen this before?

p1.jpg.d6cc0e1aa1026e46219f48ac1d138bce.jpgP2.jpg.47ddfc017fb9cdeef11f9f3577893d04.jpgp3.jpg.f6894239c2b011e84b7514d63c1ee6ce.jpg

• 8 months later...

This type of distortion happens when a figure is taken out of the mold too soon.  The outer "skin" of this figure was strong enough to hold in the still-swelling super-heated plastic at its center, but it was soft enough to be affected by that heat, still swelling outward throughout the figure's torso, which drew the top and bottom of the figure towards one another.  In the case of this little guy it made for a nice novelty.  (The Premier figures all look like membership candidates for the Lollipop Guild of Munchkin Land anyway, but this piece is all the more so.)  Usually when figures are removed too soon the skin is too soft to hold the content inside, and you develop "tumors" or "goiters" from the interior plastic seeping out in a blob.  This silver guy's type of distortion is less common.