Deluxe cart rolling robot. with moving feet and arms.

robothut

Great improvement over the original idea.     I'm just waiting for some brass rod to complete the first edition, but will now need to start a new version as well.  I will post a video of my first attempt when complete.   Once again thanks for showing the robot and for providing the stl files,  it is much appreciated.

Here is my version of Johns fantastic design of the crate rolling robot.

IMG_20210809_132230.jpg.f41888a123c42a0f5d84e206d0b967e0.jpg

I have added a video below of it working.  It is of the original non feet moving version.  I am in the process of printing the

deluxe version now.  Sorry for the quality of the video as taken on my hand held phone and a bit shaky.  Also running on a slippery surface and with slightly run down batteries ( Been playing with it too much)

A big thank you to John for the original design and for providing stl files on thingyverse.   It would not be possible without his generosity and skill.

Nice looking build. Looks like maybe you did not get the n120 : 1 gear box , but in any case you will find the Deluxe version will run smother do to the wheel under the robots feet. Al so on the deluxe version if you want it to run in a left hand turn direction you can just bend the support rod a bit. You can also just print out the detail part of the arms if you want to dress up this first version. Good Job ! Thank you for sharing your build with us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 8/9/2021 at 7:46 AM, Elvischris said:

Here is my version of Johns fantastic design of the crate rolling robot.

Very cool, Elvischris!

I'm just catching up on some of the threads - you have a great looking robot there.   Love the colors and the comedy that you added!