TWISTED MONSTER PAINTING

Phil R

I decided to do a painting for my granddaughter since I've already done one for my daughter and another for my son-in-law.  I liked the photo of her favorite stuffy taken in 2016 at the shore. But of course it has to be a twisted version. Here are the photos from 2016 and my  fantasy version.   It's called   RESCUING DOLPH-DOLPH AFTER THE STORM.

IMG_1689.jpg

shore21.jpg

shore20.jpg

@Phil R I see what you did, that is probably why your work is so appealing to my eye. Side note we are using Art Deco greens and other colors in our house and we also have a Creature from the Black Lagoon Robot in our living room. Strange but true.

Cheers,

Dean

Dean, good for you. it's a good thing I have a man cave. I would have to get an act of Congress to get my scif art in the living room. If I do conventional art this it might be OK.

DSCF0002-1.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0004-1.JPG

DSCF0008-3.JPG

scan0018.jpg

1-PC220003-001.JPG

@Phil R very impressive work!  You must be an artist by trade. Great colors and contrast. I have not painted in a long while, I left the world of reality and went abstract a few years back and then stopped. 

I think I got lucky with my wife, she geeks out on my collections and she collects Star Trek, vintage carnival chalkware and so forth. Our living room has some of my abstracts hanging, and family photos , and of course a shelf of robots. Lol I mainly now only collect space related items, mostly ray guns, and any other different sci fi items. I am very specific on design and color when I choose something to add something. Just as when you choose certain subjects and colors for your paintings, and I am sure you do that with what you choose to collect. Sorry rambling..... you do fabulous work, I did conservation framing and restoration for a few different galleries and frame shops back in the day. You art appeals to my eyeballs and brain, and I appreciate that very much. I appreciate you sharing.