Astro Nits

Tinplate6

I love those prizes that used to be offered by the cereal companies, just looking at them brings me back to my childhood.

I recently completed my set of Astro Nits, these were produced by a company in Australia, called R&L, known for its excellent cereal premiums, such as The Tooly Birds, Funny Fringes, and Crater Critters.

These are the typical 1950’s style cartoon aliens I remember seeing in magazines when I was a kid.

F85D7B0F-76DD-49A6-8E24-0FF9DF7FA4CF.jpeg.b8f418d9e255d8341ac0c8deb18c4a29.jpeg

Although none are larger than 1 inch, each one actually has the characters names embossed on their feet, as well as the company name (I had to use a magnifying glass to see it). They have that wonderful nostalgia factor. 

Hopefully, all of mine are original, as the molds were sold to a company in Mexico, that continues to produce them today in day glow and metallic plastics.

I have a set of these as well, with a lot of extras I purchased putting together my grouping.  All of yours appear to be original Brady and you're correct, there are a lot of Mexican releases out there.  I also included the advertisement; I'm looking to print it and include it in my display.

IMG_1957.jpg.68b808d395d73b6efeef67db2d414840.jpg

Astronits.jpg.b009e91c14db4f1ed4d5ba588bc70223.jpg

Bill, I thought you had a set…very nice, but the box ad is fantastic! What I like is that the name of each character is included in the ad, as well as the retro artwork. Thanks for posting it.