Fire watch at the robothut.

robothut

Don't SCARE us like that! I was expecting to see smoke rolling out of the only museum I'd cross the street to see... yours!

I get a lump in my throat thinking these guys are real heroes. The kind that are the only thing between us and disaster. I would be freaking out. The smoke fallout has finally reached us in the East.

Today there have been no water planes so they must have it under control. My Old Plasma 65 inch TV died so I have no TV local news. I have to get my info from the internet. Any way, turns out there were 5 water planes and 1 chopper. The 2 planes that I never saw were reloading from a different lake so flew a different direction. They stopped at dusk. Today blue sky's so things must be OK. They did put out a Level 2 warning and that means be ready to get out. But I think because the winds were from the West blowing East and the fire was to my East , that kept from advancing my way. 

Once again the firer fighters got it under control. I was a bit worried since the fire was not call in until 5PM, that ment it would take 1 hour to get full ground crews and the tanker planes on the job. The tanker planes have to stop flying by 8 PM do to low visibility. The level 3 "get out now" evacuation was changed to level 2 "be ready to leave" by 10 pm. The only problem for many of us is moving the live stock. We have a 3 horse trailer but 5 horses so that means two trips to some new location to safely drop off the horses. And that means you can not wait until they tell you too get out 2 trips means you have to leave 1 hour before they tell you too get out so you can get back for the second trip. But all seems fine to day, still at Level 2 but all quite.

I hope everything will get well soon. This must be stressfull situation. Are you used to fires in your area? Are you close to the woods? On the video, I can see there are fields around you.

Hopefully you have friends or relatives not too nearby with horse trailers. Or maybe just get some cowboys to ride them out.

I suggested ridding them out to the wife. If she speaks to me again I will ask her if she thought that was funny.

John,

Awful news, I pray all gets resolved quickly. My daughter lives in Colorado, and the fires there had them evacuated twice. All the best.