Henk's Collection

H.I. Gosses

No. I am not so enamoured about the Jupiters to tell you the truth. (dare I?)

There is yet a strange version. In 1978(?) there was a Sci-Fi convention with big wigs

like Arthur C. Clark predicting internet(!) and the such in Amsterdam.

As a premium to the participants they handed out a Jupiter, sprayed golden.

This was done with a paint that did not agree with the plastic too much.

So it ended up like wrincle-finish. It was done by the

manufacturer for a "Special Order" of 500.

I never realised the red ME-091 was so rare. I am sure some died under my hands

as parts-providers... (I'll stand in the corner for an hour).

What is de difference between your green ME and the other green ME?

Give me, please, a list of your fellow advanced-robby-freaks, as I have 1 dozen

MIB Jupiters and at least 1 dozen (green) ME's in my strategic reserves.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Henk - You're the only other collector I know of who also has the red & blue Robby ME-091 Space Tank!

Uh...Robothunter...maybe you didn't notice this, but both Henk AND Christian have the red and blue robby space tank! Looks like the salesmen were more active in Europe, eh?

Wait... Henk? Are you saying in your roundabout way that you have extra Jupiter robots for sale? If so, email me. I'm definitely interested...

And yeah, I guess you beat me to the punch, Robert -- I was going to point out the third example of the robby tank variation.

Guess it's not as rare as we thought. There's a whopping THREE of them out there. ;)

(just kidding, pat)

so, now there are 3 chinese red robby space tanks , i remember being outbid by robothunter on his, anyone else have one? i am interested in buying one....stan

'till Dirk cried for an hour,wailed and whimpered, and so convinced me that it would be immoral not to sell him one, I had 3 Rocketman, happily standing next to each other.

Opulence, just opulence..

YES INDEED - I'm one of the very very rare guys, who could ever purchase an old robot from HENK. ( ...sorry again, for 3 hours screaming on the open road in front of your house...) Every Robot, that ever had joined Henk's house - will be lost in time & space.... If JOHN's home is called ROBOT HUT - so you could call HENK's home the robots DARK HOLE. Who need 2 original Lilliputs - 2 Hooks - or 3 Rocketmen ??? ( Not to tell from the 12 Alps Television mint in box...)

post-2-1111279184.jpggosses_19a.JPG

Picture above shows HENK's oven in his robotroom - I like so very much. It would fit best for the thunder robots atomic burning chamber ...

post-2-1111279367.jpggosses_19b.JPG

If you had not stopped after every hour for beer and sandwiches,

I would have been more impressed

and it would have been cheaper, Dirk!

The neons once belonged to a Neontransformer factory called "Robot".

I got these from the widow long time after the director killed himself when

the factory went bust.

The one on the right is a prestige object. It is difficult to make one tube with

two colours. They are made seperately and then welded together. Changes

that they will survive are about 2 to 1. This system has 4 colours so

it was 1 to 27 it would work.

I never realised the red ME-091 was so rare. I am sure some died under my hands

as parts-providers... (I'll stand in the corner for an hour).

What is de difference between your green ME and the other green ME?

Henk - The green on in the middle has pressed tin arms (not plastic) and chrome hub caps instead of the white plastic ones.

robert said:
Looks like the salesmen were more active in Europe, eh?

Robert - I don't know if they were more active or not, but one thing's for sure. The Europeans got much better versions of our robots than we did in the states if you ask me. Or at the very least, the salesman's samples they took with them over there were better.

Look at the great & amazing Jupiter Robot. All we got was Mr. Robot. Look at the rare versions of the Pug Robbys with revolving antenna and better paint jobs. Not to mention the terrific box art.

There are a lot of robots that were made in variations that you only see in European collections.

Anyone else care to add to the list?.....

• Brian.. changed the title to Henk's Collection

Archived