Henk's Collection

H.I. Gosses

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we have the robot made after the life action movies.

(I have a laserdisc and a PAL video of that show. Funny. )

post-2-1111023254.jpgt28lifeac.jpg

Or maybe this one?

wow now that is a unique piece i have a few hundred questions about it.

how much does it weigh?

how big is it?

when did you get it?

what year was it made?

how did you get it

Can i have it.....please? :D

What does it do when you pull its trigger?

does it still work?

how much did it cost?

how much is it worth now?

how rare is it?

:) Beautiful robots and spacemen, H.I. Gosses. Thank you for the treat of showing us your pictures. May we ask, what has eluded your collection so far? Maybe the rarest top end pieces, or maybe even something at the lower end of the scale, nevertheless hard to find? We saw several big plastics, do you keep Marx Electric Robots? I think that they are a neat robot, and always one or two up for auction at all times. -Oh, never mind, I see them at the bottom of that last pic!

how much does it weigh?.................. If you pardon the metric ca. 150 grams.

how big is it?.................. 10 inches long.

when did you get it?.................. 1982-83

what year was it made?................. Seventies.

how did you get it................. Gift of a dealer who thought plastic was worthless.

Can i have it.....please? biggrin.gif................. Hmmm.. my daughter will sell it gladly, when I am dead.

What does it do when you pull its trigger?....... Spout water =water pistol.

does it still work?................. You bet!

how much did it cost?................. Nothing.

how much is it worth now?................ Not so much in USA, a lot in Japan. It has it's original bag with header.

how rare is it?................ Rare.

Henk,

So cool!

Fantastic collection is an understatement! But the dusting of all these beauties must be a week long effort at least?!?!

Coooollll!! thanks Henk! (You see there's another word as useful as wow!).

I do have the black Tetsujin from the series with the laser disc (no idea what format cause I don't even have a laser disc...I asume is PAL too). The only problem with that one is that he has some sort of problem with the angle of the feet and doesn't stand very well....Does yours have the same?? I got it cheap from a Japanese store (on line) so maybe it was cheap because of the deffect (?)

...-Once I thought I wanted to have every robot I could lay my hands on.

John Riggs and his museum has freed me from the delussion that I was to be the worlds

keeper of robot-dom. May he carry this torch now.  (

What John has as the ROBOT HUT, is exactly what I had envisioned 30 or so years ago....if it were humanly possible to accomplish such a feat, having the means, equipment, imagination, mechanic skills, the space and the time. (Well, he does have a time machine)!!

He actually has created that vision, but he's taken it a giant step further (as many of the others on this board, note HENK, VOLKER!!) by not only collecting and placing on a shelf, the most incredible items imaginable, but shaping building and creating unique toy robots and actual robots as well. To me, you guys are the 'aerospace engineers' of the robot world, NOT the TOY robot world but robots in general. You have items so exceedingly rare, they can be considered true works of art.

Thank you for your photos, Henk. A most incredible gathering and appreciate you sharing them with us mortals.

Throughout all my years of collecting, I knew personally no one else who even HAD a robot toy, aside from one friend who I, along with his brother, got him into Sci-Fi when he was about 5 and he has a few recent toys.

I remember years ago, I saw a small book filled with photos of robot collections in Japan...some of these guys had 10,000 to 100,000 in their homes. One guy even had them on all of his stairs (with a little path to walk thru) all the walls, and all floor space. Hate to have the dominoe effect happen there! Whoa!

Anyone visiting my robot room through the years, would say they've never seen so many in one spot; they were amazed. My daughter caught onto them as a toddler, and had the TAIWAN Piston Robot to actually play with! He now guards just inside the door of my garage. I'm not very tech oriented; I had a few of those Pistons and when they ceased working, and gave them away after I had attempted repair the pinion gears without success.

Tonight, I could easily look around our collection and say, 'these could be Henk's cast-offs'!! :lol:

Anyway, regardless of what items we have, be it ultra-rare (Diamond Planet) or a Wall-Mart special, (Robosapien) they're all fun. I thought I'd hung up my hat with robot collecting many years ago, but this board is making sure I don't forget what a unique hobby this is. Worst addiction I've ever been drawn into!!!

To quote Star Wars, "....together we can rule the galaxies" is what the motto of you Volker and John should be. What a toy company you folks could create.

Live long and Prosper.....

By the way, I saw that "SUPER GIANT". I actually have a couple of those!

p.s. I don't have to pardon the metric...Darryl and I use that up here in the cold north. IT's EASIER!!!!! 10x10x10x10 etc>>>>>>>

....sounds like Morbius, doesn't it!! Or was that, ID ID ID ID ID!!!

how much does it weigh?.................. If you pardon the metric ca. 150 grams.

how big is it?.................. 10 inches long.

when did you get it?.................. 1982-83

what year was it made?................. Seventies.

how did you get it................. Gift of a dealer who thought plastic was worthless.

Can i have it.....please? biggrin.gif................. Hmmm.. my daughter will sell it gladly, when I am dead.

What does it do when you pull its trigger?....... Spout water =water pistol.

does it still work?................. You bet!

how much did it cost?................. Nothing.

how much is it worth now?................ Not so much in USA, a lot in Japan. It has it's original bag with header.

how rare is it?................ Rare.

:D thanjs for answering my questions.

Thanks for all the praise, it's after all half a lifetimes work.

But I am surprised by the amount of sensation these pictures caused.

I presumed most RT participants had gathered from incidental photo's, the level

of my collection .

And I am far from unique on this board.

Christian is at least on par. Then there is Paul lips, Ozzie and a few more.

In Europe, poor people,-like me-, were able to collect a few years longer

then the guys in the US. Whilst you already had Griffith, who set the trend

for robot collecting as an expensive and "done" thing to do, over here we carried on

in all innocence.

Sandra Kessler ventured into darkest Europe, Brian Moran, Sadagursky, Lloyd Ralston

and of course Ray Rohr came over,but that was about it. No internet, no knowledge, no Toyshop.

So if you rose early and went to a fleamarket you could get something substantial.

Also Armand(8), Pitt Kuhl(4?), Coolen(4), me(5) and many others, speak foreign languages.

-the proof is in this post.

So on toyshows we had an enormous advantage.We could wheel and deal,

and build contacts. With eBay that is over.No use for cleverness, knowledge or intuition.

Anybody who has anything to sell and has any sense,

puts it out there and the guy who pays most, gets it. Period!

I know of a few more great collections in Europe, I bet their owners are amongst the Lurkers.

Henk, it's one thing to know, on an intellectual level, what sort of collection you have. But actually seeing it -- that's a completely different experience. Visceral. The impact of seeing all those toys in one place, arranged in a way that's unique to you as a collector -- that drives the scope of your collection home with much more impact.

But look, if it's really not that big a deal, I'd be happy to take them off your hands.

Archived