RIP Kathy Burns

Atomic Robot Bob

It is with deep regret that I have learned of the passing of Bob Burns' sweet wife, Kathy.

Kathy passed away from complications due to diabetes on May 12th, Bob's birthday.

When Bob and Kathy invited me and my wife the "the basement" several years ago, it was probably one of the most exciting times of my life, and Bob and Kathy two of the nicest, most gracious people you could ever hope to meet.

The world is a little darker without her.

Tim L.

It was back in the 1990's when I visited with Bob & Kathy and the treasures of the basement. They were both fantastic people and so kind.

19 minutes ago, robothut said:

It was back in the 1990's when I visited with Bob & Kathy and the treasures of the basement. They were both fantastic people and so kind.

We were there around 2002.  Bob had just gotten over a severe respiratory illness a couple of days before we were due to leave California, but he still invited us to the house and took us around the collection, making sure to point out where he'd displayed any of the pieces I'd made and sent to him.  Afterwards they insisted on taking us to lunch to their favorite place, and Kathy also insisted on driving us to the airport for our flight out instead of us taking a cab (the airport turned out to be literally behind their house).  We couldn't believe how nice they were to, essentially at the time, two strangers.

My wife and I were in hog heaven during the visit.  Unlike many "fan wives" of the -er- more seasoned generations, my wife is a fan too, and I think that kind of resonated with Bob and Kathy.  Bob was throwing the arm of a SW creature around my wife's shoulder for photos and tossing the Kong armature to me and we were both like ACK! THESE ARE PRICELESS PIECES OF MOVIE HISTORY! and he was just laughing the whole time.  I think he did it even more just to see the horrified expressions on our faces! 😮

Definitely wonderful people.