Green Rota- Matic Special

tikidoc

I just picked up this green beauty. I know it` s a knock off of the Thunderbird water pistol. The side is marked with a UK patent no. 1045847.   On the other side it says Made In Hong Kong .That is all I know about this. I didn`t see it in the in the database, so did I miss it or does anyone know any more information on this? 20210603_172745.jpg.8bda549a17184d26c626032ef72fec7a.jpg

20210603_173035.jpg

A version I've not seen. I'll add it to the database.

The Rosenthal Thunderbird water pistol is, as you say, an English design made, in Hong Kong. The manufacturer, Castle, is one of the few Chinese makers that we have a name for.  

A search for the patent number 1045847 provides this

Water pistols. WUNG GAY MANUFACTURING CO. Ltd. Sept. 28, 1965, No. 41111/65. Heading A6S. A water pistol has a rotatable nozzle 15 which may be rotated to vary the direction of the jet therefrom.  

Inventor

Luk Ka Shiu

Mak Hoi Ching

Current Assignee 

WUNG GAY Manufacturing Co Ltd

@Brian..  as always I appreciate the knowledge you pass along to me. Thank you so very much. My initial thought was it was from the early 70s. Thanks again.

• 11 months later...