Name this married part

Fineas J. Whoopie

I know the bulbous part on the end of the barrel on this Tomi gun is a replacement from a different toy and it looks familiar to me, but I can't place it. Strictly out of curiousity can anyone identify it? This kind of thing stays with me and drives me crazy. Thanks.

s-l1600.jpg

If that was on ebay last night somehow i missed it! I would have been interested!

As for the part, yes, it looks so familiar. 

I immediately thought it was muzzle for the Flasheray gun, but not quite.

I just looked through our 400 plus item inventory to no avail.

you're right. Annoying. I'll keep an eye out though.

MRG

Screen_Shot_2021-05-05_at_9_57.09_AM.jpg

Screen_Shot_2021-05-05_at_9_57.40_AM.jpg

Might not be from a ray gun but some other space toy. Thanks fo keeping an eye out MrRaygun.

Tikidoc - I love the deco look of the Tomi Ray. Enjoy! 

Joe - could be. I was thinking maybe an exhaust? 

This might be something that takes years to see again and recognize from this picture........

On 5/6/2021 at 4:44 PM, Fineas J. Whoopie said:

Tikidoc - I love the deco look of the Tomi Ray. Enjoy! 

Thank you Fineas J. Whooppie, The green Tomi Ray was one off my list.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the pics Tikidoc. One of these days I'm going to figure this out. It is looking like a barrel tip for a ray gun.

On 6/11/2021 at 12:12 PM, Fineas J. Whoopie said:

Thanks for posting the pics Tikidoc. One of these days I'm going to figure this out. It is looking like a barrel tip for a ray gun.

Your welcome Fin. If it didn't have the hole in the middle it looks like the eye of a robot or the tail light on a space car. One day the answer will come.

Cheers

OK we need some real experts opinion on this. I just found this image. Is it possible this is a legit version? Richard (Bigbang)? Are you reading this? Have you seen this tip on this gun before?

Black Tomi Gun.jpg

I have to apologize Tikidoc. I should have asked if the tip was original, not just declare it a married part. The answer was here on Alphadrome all along. Apparently it is a legit version. Is yours the Electro-klik version that takes batteries? Then the tip probably lights up, right? That would explain the tip variation. 

ELECTRO_KLIK_TOMI_GUN_-_TOMI.jpg

12 hours ago, Fineas J. Whoopie said:

I have to apologize Tikidoc. I should have asked if the tip was original, not just declare it a married part. The answer was here on Alphadrome all along. Apparently it is a legit version. Is yours the Electro-klik version that takes batteries? Then the tip probably lights up, right? That would explain the tip variation. 

ELECTRO_KLIK_TOMI_GUN_-_TOMI.jpg

@Fineas J. Whoopie No need to apologize. We are all here to learn. I had no idea that 2 versions existed until I was ready to hit the buy it now button. The tip had to come from somewhere, it may have been used for multiple applications or made specifically for this version, I don't know. Yes, the version I have is the Electro-klik version, that is the original tip. It unscrews to reveal a light bulb and a spring that holds the light bulb in place. I believe the original version was the water pistol version then about 6 months to a year later they made the light up version? I may be wrong, I based this on pure speculation with the info I gathered on Alphadrome.

• Brian.. changed the title to Name this married part