Green Moldex space car

ANZinSpace

After a bit of a dry spell I managed to get this Moldex Space Car.

I already have three of this car  which are all blue. This is the first one in green I've come across.

It was made using the Marx Future Car molds.

It's length is just under 10 inches and is about 3.5 inches wide.

moldex future car.jpg

moldex car underside.jpg

Mine is a middle shade of green with silver trim(Marx version).  Most places of reference I've read call it the Car of the Future. And the underside is different than mine which is the same as  the blue version I've pictured. Has sparking and clicking sound.  Mine has rubber wheels with a metal hub and just a rubber wheel in front.  No identification I can find  but has a sticker on the side underneath for directions of use. I believe is comes in blue, green, red and  yellow(pictured in plastic toys).

P2260001-002.JPG

12656l.jpg

20 hours ago, Brian.. said:

Beautiful! Is it marked Moldex, Stephen? 

Unfortunately, no. The only sign it is the Moldex version is the metal wheels and the slightly different styling of the noise mechanism and that it's screwed in rather than having plastic sprues melted into the holes

The metal wheels would originally have had rubber treads, basically patterned rubber bands. Unfortunately the rubber doesn't appear to have been of good quality and deteriorates.