Dratomic & Ray Gun Collectors

Andyman

Andyman-

Cool looking gun - thanks for the link, too bad it doesn't do anything though. When I first saw this gun it reminded me of the raygun they used in the recent episode of "Law and Order-Criminal Intent" that featured a robot collector who gets killed by some cops who confuse his toy raygun for a real gun. I checked the tape and it's not the same (would have been copyright infringement I guess) but it got me to wondering about the gun they did use. All the robots used in the show were repro's but the raygun is obviously a fantasy piece whipped up by the prop department. I think it might have been made out of a bank -anyone recognize what was used to make this raygun?

post-2-1110755873.jpg

Thanks for the heads up... I agree with FJW -- it's too bad it doesn't do anything... Guess it's just a model. Still, it's VERY nice looking. I liked the gun from the movie a lot, and I'm bummed that they haven't made a good toy version of it (or any toy version, for that matter). Oh well. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Andy.

Wait a minute! - Isn't that a bottle cap on the side of the raygun?

That looks like a spaceship that was converted into a gun. Actually, it doesn't look much like a ray gun in that picture.

Archived