Stop and Go robot. Rotating ramp sequencer.

robothut

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robothut

• ROBODUDE

• Andyman

• Martian Gil

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The  body and arms STL files can be found on thing-i-verse .

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4821295

DSC07881.jpg

DSC07882.jpg

DSC07883.jpg

DSC07884.jpg

DSC07885.jpg

DSC07886.jpg

DSC07887.jpg

DSC07888.jpg

DSC07889.jpg

DSC07890.jpg

Hey John-How about a cylindrical Horikawa Roto robotish style head(if you don't already have one designed) I bet that would look good-Some of the Metal house robots had a cylinder head too !!!😎 Your Flywheel powered robot head looks awesome too !!!

I do not recall seeing that same  mechanical mouth movement design before Andy, but who knows, so many toys out there that I have not seen. in any case it seemed like a good use of a well used mechanical device for doors and guns so why not a mouth that opens and shakes.

7 hours ago, robothut said:

I do not recall seeing that same  mechanical mouth movement design before Andy, but who knows, so many toys out there that I have not seen. in any case it seemed like a good use of a well used mechanical device for doors and guns so why not a mouth that opens and shakes.

Well it's very cool. Nice work!

• 3 months later...

I am in the process of making this robot.   All going well so far.   I know you said you did not have a build video of the head but did you ever upload the stl files for it ?

On a totally different note,  I have been trying for weeks now to try and make a robot toy copy from an original tin plate toy.  (see video)

My idea was to have a ROBOT pushing the crate with some suitable writing on it   i.e.    FRAGILE NUCLEAR WASTE DO NOT SHAKE !!!    THIS WAY UP ONLY.   etc etc

I have tried lots of ways of printing it using a TT motor in the crate but always end up with a very large crate and therefore a really big robot.  My internal design may be the problem.

Have you any suggestions of an easy way to overcome this.  Apart from using a smaller motor of course.   Feel free to build one if you wish, whenever you have a spare day or so.....

I do not have an original toy so do not know how it was originally done.  They used a clockwork motor in the original toy of course.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.  This probably applies to John but anyone else just pitch in with ideas.

Sorry if the second part of the question hijacks the original thread,  let me know and I will edit it if it offends.   Chris

Yes the crate rolling toys and drum rolling toys go way back. It should be a very simple build. I will play with the idea using a TT gearmotor. Maybe step it up a bit and add moving feet on a roller wheel.