Stop and Go robot. Rotating ramp sequencer.

robothut

A video is coming as soon as I shoot it and upload to youtube. Till then here are the build pictures. As you will see I have only used 1/2 the rotating ramp sequencer for the walking action. I will use the other 1/2 as soon as I decide what I want the second function to be.

DSC07872.jpg

DSC07873.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robothut

• ROBODUDE

• Andyman

• Martian Gil

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So any gear motor you want could be used but all I have laying around is a TT 1:48 motor. The motor screws to the main gear box frame. and a 9 tooth gear fits on to the motor drive shaft.

DSC07850.jpg

DSC07851.jpg

DSC07852.jpg

There is a hex shaft that the gears and bushing slide on to. A return spring that I got from harbor freight, but a person could  coil there own if need be. Slide the assemblie in to the frame and glue on the gear box cap.

DSC07854.jpg

DSC07855.jpg

DSC07856.jpg

There are to leg cams that get glued to the hex shaft 180 degrees rotating from each other. Right now I have cut some 1/8th inch steel rods for the legs, the lengh will not be know until a body is designed so they are on the long side for now.

DSC07857.jpg

Here are the parts for the Right foot and leg. Repeat for the left foot and leg unit. The rubber O rings are from harbor freight and the 6 metal axles are cut from 1/8 inch steel rod.

DSC07859.jpg

Start by glueing on the foot side cap on the main  Foot frame. This is the inside of the foot when its on the robot.

DSC07860.jpg

DSC07861.jpg

Next glue on the foot side cap. This is the outside of the foot unit. The right and left feet are different so do not mix them up.

DSC07862.jpg

DSC07863.jpg

Using the steel pins , now mount the ratchet arms and wheels. Make sure you have put the O ring's on the ratchet wheels. And make sure the ratchet wheels are turned the right way around to work with the ratchets.

DSC07864.jpg

DSC07865.jpg

DSC07866.jpg

DSC07867.jpg

Next pin on the rear leg linkage and the slide on the leg and pin it on. Its now ready to be place on the axles on the gearbox frame.

DSC07868.jpg

DSC07869.jpg

DSC07870.jpg

DSC07871.jpg