NOT A ROCKET BUT LATEST PAINTING

Phil R

Some of our members may not be aware that I have collected Mr. Peanut memorabilia for years. Here's a  painting I just finished for the cover of the PEANUT PALS    newsletter and give away prints for upcoming events. It's named MR PEANUT FLIES HIS 1934 STEARMAN ABOVE THE CLOUDS. 

plane-001.jpg

Mr. Peanut, 🥜 yes, I remember the old commercials.

I thought it was an oddball advertisement, but it worked.

• 1 year later...

PT-17...Very nice job Phil.. Gentlest most stable aircraft I ever flew.  They still build the wings 10 miles from here. The aircraft can pull 10 G's easily and negative 6. More than any pilot could handle. It's not the Eagle,,but it is closer to flying like a bird. Last time I flew one down in Chambersburg at Lost Acres airport,,,we were engaged in aerobatics with an open cockpit,,,,then it hit me..I remembered something...So I ask my buddy over the intercom...Hey aren't we supposed to have chutes on doing this in an open cockpit ? Don't worry about it..Chances are both of us won't fall out. If you fall out,,,you don't have to pay for half the fuel burn today..If I fall out,,call my wife and tell her she'll have to pick the kids up from school .

• 2 weeks later...