Saturn Troopers New Ride

Grandpa

It's the start of my new space tracked vehicle. It will be an Autonomous microprocessor controled vehicle that will run around the floor and detect obstacles and take evasive measure to not hit them.

It will have individual track drive using 2 servo motors and be controlled by 2 microprocessors.

The picture is just the bare chassis without the body parts, weapons system, flashing LED's and of course the robot driver.

Okay. That is freakin' cool.

What sort of weapons systems are we talking about? I'm partial to atomic distintegration rays, myself. I find they leave a lovely glow after they've been used -- you know, something to remind people that you've been there, you've raised a little hell (and razed a couple buildings), and maybe they should just turn around and go home. Kind of like the medieval tradition of leaving heads on spikes to warn potential trouble makers that they'd best head to some other town.

You could always canibalize 1,000 glow in the dark watches (ca. 1920s) for the fissionable material (a la Bloom County, for those who remember that particular strip).

Keep posting pictures, I'm very interested in watching this one come together. And if you could provide some information about how it works, the process involved in building/programming/etc., that'd be great.

I've been begging Gramps to build robots for about a year now. I have harrassed him with minor laser projects (help me make this, help me make that) which he grudgingly obliged on. I have inundated him with thousands of robot and space toy photos. I made him join Alphadrome. And, like the Plague, robots have finally infected him, and away he goes.... Look out!!!

I have created a monster!

Colin Clive: "It's.....ALIVE!" :blink:

dratomic,

So far the federation has approved 2 each 4 barreled disintegrating ray battle guns, and a couple garden variety nuc missles:)

wow! really does sound awsome ! ill make sure to drop in with robert. :P

i have a interactive r2-d2 like roberts it sounds kinda like it but improved upon!

oh!!!i have been blaming any robot purchases lately on robert. ( wife says we are not aloud to hang together)

wow! really does sound awsome ! ill make sure to drop in with robert. :P

i have a interactive r2-d2 like roberts it sounds kinda like it but improved upon!

oh!!!i have been blaming any robot purchases lately on robert. ( wife says we are not aloud to hang together)

Hey Bart,

your wife oughta be happy! I steered you away from those $1500 dollar robots and got you buying $100.00 R2D2s! Boy, some thanks! :blink:

I can not sleep, I can not eat, I can not drink, I can not relax,

I am holding my breath 'til I see the magic lasercutter and

any other techno info relevant.

id,

I'll wait until this weekend to cut out and post a picture of all the laser cut parts used to make Saturn Trooper:) Maybe Henk will calm down :P

Well if I remove all the tubes and the oxygenemask, I might just be able to type,

........ahhh! bang there is the nurse with that big syringe with sedatives again ...

that I am mainly interested in the machine that does the cutting.

C'me on Robert! Prod him!! and I'll send you a card.

Archived