DECOBOTS Robots

JohnnyAstro

I never heard of Johnny Astro, 🤨 guess there were more competing toys, like G.I. Joe, Major Matt Mason.

Your new 'Johnny Astro' looks like my young nephew in the A.F., same hair cut , color, and appearance.

The robots are very different to each other, maybe that was your intention.

I think REM looks more functional utility wise. Modular look, quicker to upgrades or do repairs on in the field.

Mercury looks like the Robin Williams 'Robot's' movie....Brits retrofitted- Thunderbirds for Today's audience- - why not Johnny? 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JohnnyAstro

• Andyman

• ROBOHUNTER

• robothut

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Johnny Astro is not a Robot character, Actually Johnny Astro was a Space toy that was made by Topper Toy Company back in the late 60’s, I had one as a child and was Fascinated by it but always thought it would have made a Great Action Figure, so I created one along with a set of Robot friends to help him on his Many Space Adventures 

Actually Funny you said that, there were a lot of Johnny’s back then, and I had a lot of them, Johnny Astro, Johnny West, Johnny Lightning, Johnny Apollo, Johnny Speed, I’m sure there were more

Just received the 3d prints of the DECOBOTS Robots, Wow what a Fantastic job they did with so Much Detail in them, now to take them one step further and articulate them, let me know what ya think of them, Thanks

13F8BF65-612A-4A00-9618-529155845765.jpeg

7731F64E-B693-4445-98D4-9279F75C165E.jpeg

20 hours ago, Andyman said:

I'm curious about the scale relative to each other. The smaller one seem more even.

I wanted different heights for each Robot to add to each of there personalities 

16 hours ago, ROBOHUNTER said:

The prints look really nice.   So are these going to be turned into action figures you can buy in the shops etc?

Yes next step is to make them articulated, the larger Robots of coarse will have more movement then the 4 inch ones, Hopefully soon I will have them done and available for sale along with a Comic Book

On 2/12/2021 at 9:41 PM, JohnnyAstro said:

Yes next step is to make them articulated, the larger Robots of coarse will have more movement then the 4 inch ones, Hopefully soon I will have them done and available for sale along with a Comic Book

Great and I was wondering what material they'll be made of?    My hope is they'll be made of hard plastic.so they're nice and solid.