Yonezawa Prototype TV Robot Project

Brian..

Brian, very nice job in the refinement of the head and body angles! The two tone paint and classic Yonezawa style arms are perfect for this robot. I agree that the larger round Alps antenna is overpowering, a lower profile and more angular or oval antenna would be better suited. Personally I like the polyhedral shape in the 'cockpit', it's unique and looks great when illuminated; a subtle Illumination in the center of two silver disks would be cool too.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian..

• ROBODUDE

• robothut

• Jonydroid

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another thing I thought of. How about two angles and three surfaces for each battery for better angular design of the battery cover to create something new to disguise the battery cover.

I like variant 2....The flashing mutli-colored geodesic shape makes it roboty to me.🤖

..The curved tube looks out of place....Like it's a strobe light for a camera.

but what do I know?🤔

You have already done a fantastic job reconstructing this Yonezawa prototype. In my view one of the original‘s mayor characteristics is the head’s conical shape, conical from all sides. Of course that makes the head appear less massive. Maybe you just love the massive look.

Re the question what might be going on inside the head, Yonezawa seem to not yet have had decided when photos have been shot. I recommend not to let it distract from the video screen, not too intensive motion or light action in the head.

1A4932D7-1015-47C1-9CD6-6B6B63E6DFA7.jpeg.f30dbbca06b696f8d90a4b0ee59d3c87.jpeg

Good point, Lunik. I hadn't registered the extent of the taper to the head. It shouldn't be too difficult to try recreating that shape and should produce a unique robot. 

I also see that the arm surround is more angular than circular, so that's another change. The arm hides the shape, so it's a hiddden improvement. 

Phil, you'll see that I can't do much with the design of the battery cover otherwise it won't be authentic. My version flaps down, so I might change the direction. You can see that the original designer had to avoid the angled panel above the battery door when positioning the catch. 

I see what Lunik is saying. The head tapers to the point that the back of the head plane becomes a parallel side rectangle instead of a  trapezoid.

That would look great !!! (the eyes)-maybe with some LEDs behind lighting them up !!! Or , could you make them spin, like the television spaceman or Cragstan rotor robot ?