• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian..

• ROBODUDE

• robothut

• Jonydroid

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I made a second version with slightly stronger angles and with a paint job more reminiscent of some Yonezawa robots. The head is still a work in progress but I had an unsubtle light available and used it. There's also a soft blue light behind the grille. Video shortly.

Yonezawa.jpg

AMAZING !!!!!- I like the 2 tone paint job better than the solid white and the dome contents better on this one too!!-Looking forward to the video !!!

Well, the two tone is really a nice improvement!

In my opinion the added top antenna is just a bit too much as there are already two small antennas on the side and the big robot becomes even more big.

Also personally I think inside the dome or helmet would an astronaut or robot fit perfectly as pilot, similar to the other green yonezawa prototype robot.

I found this picture in the old original thread of the red robot as painted on the turning disc of the prototype .

I think this just could be this robot, all in red! 

FA53957D-DE29-431D-8865-6E2564DA0348.jpeg

CD37C32C-26CA-4828-97AF-9FAE031B90F7.jpeg

Yes, the Alps antenna was lying around so it got used. Taking Gernot's point about the robot design on the artwork, I'll copy that angular antenna. There's definitely a hole there, so an antenna was intended.

Here are two head versions. One is a big angular shape that really glows, the other is a more refined hoop that uses those two disks in the prototype head. Both take advantage of modern bulbs.

A.jpg

B.jpg

(Robby keeps trying to sneak in, as does Tetsujin 28. )

I'm sure the finished product would have had elaborate line work and probably a name plastered on that chest. "Saturn" has only been used by those later plastic efforts so it's a contender. 

Love the robot with the art deco look and the forbidden Planet antennas.  I think you seem to be trying something new in the head instead of the same old cockpit driver is the way to go. I like both the items in the head. As to antenna , an Alps or Dux antenna or hybrid would better suit your overall design instead of the standard round antenna. Love the body and angles and the shade of red and silver. With some tweaks it will be terrific. You could even give a few choices for inside the head. Also like the sound and the imposing slow motion.

Seeing both styles inside the head now, I kind of favor head 1, the clear acrylic piece-but the white piece looks good too!! I personally like both of these better than the astronaut driver !! Well done Brian (as always !!!)