Yonezawa Prototype TV Robot Project

Brian..

For me the missing back of the head angles and front chin angles are a important part of the look. But we will have to wait and see what Brian has up his sleeve.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian..

• ROBODUDE

• robothut

• Jonydroid

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, robothut said:

For me the missing back of the head angles and front chin angles are a important part of the look. But we will have to wait and see what Brian has up his sleeve.

My thoughts too John. The angles and lines, both front and back, on the original prototype add a sculpted look that is more aesthetically appealing than Brian's initial version. Brian, if you fine tune your design to bring it truer to the original I really believe that the result will be well worth the effort! 

Yes, I've been working on the final version to address this. The photo and the plain white finish are, in fact, hiding the existing angles but they need accentuating. I've finished the first print and have added some cockpit detail. The canopy will be moulded, rather than the one you see here. The whole canopy and contents can easily be removed and replaced with something else in a few seconds. 

Not one for mass production, chaps. I'm having a holiday. 

IMG_20210110_090448054.jpg

I wasn’t too sure based on the initial photos, but seeing him in action, I must admit, Brian, it’s one of the best recreations you’ve made. 👍

(just to confirm that I’m not “psychic”, Brian removed his initial video and reposted a new one below)