NOT SPACESHIP ART BUT THEN AGAIN MAYBE

Phil R

This time I decided to paint more conventional spacecraft,, but at the time leading edge. I've been fascinated with the 1940s Northrup N-9MB flying wing which was supposed to be the test forerunner of the proposed delta wing bomber, the XBR-49A flying wing bomber. Development was moving so fast during the war years that time passed the prop planes for jet development. Although politics changed back to the Convair B36 Peacemaker.  Northrup was later vindicated by continued research eventually developing the B2 bomber from the 80s into 1990s production.  The B2 will eventually be further enhanced as the B-21 Raider, supported by the Penetrating Counter Air Fighter which looks similar to the 90s Stealth fighter. Who knows. with competing ideology , what we will have 20 years frim now.  

Anyway, here's  EVOLUTION, the B2 together with the Northrup N-9MB. The last flying N-9MB crashed in 2019. The concept photos are the B-21 ' the Counter Air Fighter and the B2..

I personally feel that Aliens either intentionally or unintentionally kick-started our space  technology in the early 20th Century.

P1010002-002.JPG

IMG_1017-001.jpg

Artist_Rendering_B21_Bomber_Air_Force_Official.jpg

df-pca-promo-boeing-0-1531860150.jpg

1920px-B-2_Spirit_(cropped).jpg

Nice rendering Phil R. As as side note I was working for Amoco Chemicals R&D during the development of the B2 bomber; we provided advanced engineering resins and composite materials to Northrup Grumman for evaluation in the B2 program.

I decided not to include the production model XB-35 prop and the jet YB-49  which were rejected by the military complex for the Convair B-36, with a 230 ft wingspan, the largest ever. Convair must have had Eisenhower's ear because they also built the B- 58 Hustler. 

Here are more Convair aircraft. 

https://www.ranker.com/list/convair-aircraft-and-jets-and-planes/reference