3d print Robby glove Coat rack.

robothut

Thing-i-verse files are here.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4679324

Glove build video . 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Ti8Ai4Tuo&t=1s

• 1 month later...

Wow. Looks like the last time I posted anything was almost 10 years ago, maybe? Surprised my profile still exists. Anyhow, got into 3D printing last summer (still pretty much a newb, but then I may as well stay in character) and recently noticed John (Hi John!) was on Thingiverse and had lots of cool stuff to offer. So I decided to print up the coat rack. Here's the glove. I would start a wrist half tonight, but if the high winds knock out the power, I don't need that hassle. I have plans to make it more than just a coat rack, and I'm excited about the project to push it in front of others I have in mind. Glad to see y'all are still here!

robby_glove.jpg

Well, that there is a whole lot of filament. Had some slight lifting towards the end of the second wrist printing, but I have to putty anyways so it's no big deal. Now, to start printing up the blaster...

robby_wrist.jpg

Looking good.

Yes the wrists could have been made thinner but I wanted them to be able to support heavy coats and screws in to the wall.  Or if your not mounting to a wall then a opening could be on the back side and since the back wall is so thick "for the screw mounting" that would save a ton of time and filament.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with my Ender 3 pro. I guess if I get serious with 3D printing I'll look at more top of the line models, but for now it works for me. And I'm glad you made it sturdy, John. It is going to be screwed into a wall - I'm ecstatic with the files!

I show the B9 claws for a coat rack in the video. They have been in use for over 25 years now. Or did you mean 3d printed versions of my resin B9 claws? There are STL files for 3d printed B9 claw parts on line, you just need to combine them for wall mount.

• 3 weeks later...