3d scan and print Robby the robot glove.

robothut

So I thought I would try photogrammetry 3d scanning of Robbys rubber glove.  Not prefect but good for scale and shape of full scale robby glove. Also I did a smaller version for the Walmart RObby toy.

3df Zephyr Free, is a 3d scanning program that uses a single camera. You take 50 pictures from every angle you can . You have to have even lighting "no flash" and you can not move the item being scanned as the back ground is used to put all the images back together. You can pay money for a version of the program that will let you use 150 or more images to make the scanned file and get better detail and smoother surfaces but you have pay for that. This is the Free version of the program and it limits you to 50 images.

DSC07303.jpg

DSC07304.jpg

DSC07305.jpg

DSC07306.jpg

What would really help would be a good DSL camera. Right now I have a old Song point and shoot, every thing is auto, you need to be able to go fully Manual. Locked off F stop no auto functions like focus or exposure. Or so all the photogrammetry programs say. Then what would help is the Pro version of the photogrammetry programs, but that would mean I would need a computer that has the right CPU and video card for this type of graphics work. The money starts piling up to do it right.