Inside Robby

H.I. Gosses

wow is he always robby i mean is the same guy who is on forbidden planet and lost in space?

by the way cool pic :D

Now you know, dr Morbius, why Robby sometimes

disappears behind a tree.

;) ...you put your right foot on...you take your right foot off.....

That's Frankie Darro in the 'Jolson makeup' the alter-ego of Robby.......Bob May was in the Lost in Space B9.....

post-2-1110250930.jpg

:o Aren't you glad they didn't use this first Robby design....octopus mouth and all.....Robothunter probably has a model of this......hey, maybe I'll make one. Yeh!

post-2-1110251169.jpg

:) This was my first hint that Robby was not semi-gloss black as we all thought in the beginning...I began building one of these about 20 years ago. Maybe I'll finish the louvres on the front some day. That's all that's left to do.

ROBOTHUNTER: Hope you have this original model in your archives!

post-2-1110253430.jpg

The origional robby jeep miniature is now in the Goodwin collection now,as he bought it last year, the origional full size robby jeep is owned by Director Bill Malone right now. Robby was never black and never glossy. roboy is gun metal and a mat flat finnish. I am luck to have parts from the origioanl robby leg balls that had to be replaced when they cracked and use them for color matching when I built my robbys and jeeps. I also have 1 ofm the actual forcefeild posts from the film Forbidden planet and for a time had a origional blaster that I used to make a mold and cast a few repros and for color match also.

Archived