Safety Switch...

Eagle

I need a little help with a circuit . I just bought two newer tractors with way more safety switches than they need. But the one switch I would like to leave connected is the seat switch. More than once I have evacuated tractor seats..and think it's esential . However while mowing ,,when you mow on a steep hill or hit a bump it kills the mower deck requiring activating the PTO switch again. I'm looking for an electrical timer or relay that when the circuit activates it has a soak period of 2-3 seconds before it activates and removes power from the relay . It must be auto resetting ...I looked today but can't find anything that will work on that parameter. 

Maybe you could just change the sensitivity of the seat switch so it does not trigger so easily ? Or add a mechanical "dash pot" shock absorber to it so that the switch takes a few seconds to trigger when you not sitting on it.

Yeah a mechanical option my not be valid..Extrapolate a little on the Dash Pot,,that sound exactly what I am looking for. A delay.  . A linear damper would have to have a quick disconnect for access under the seat.  I think a rotary damper may work...It would have to dampen in only one direction and bypass in the other. Thanks John