Is this the next John Rigg?

RoboDerby

Last evening, while filming at a private estate, I was introduced to the young son, about 12 years old I’d say, of the property owners whose home we were shooting in. Knowing that I had an interest in 3D printing myself, another crew member brought the kid to me to see if I could help him with some issues that he was having with his slicing software. While assisting him, the boy shared with me an animatronic that he had built and told me about his YouTube channel. Thought some of you guys might enjoy this video of his animatronic. He tells me he wants to make a walking robot. I of course told him about John. Incidentally, I’m glad to report that I resolved his software issues and had him back in the house starting his print. Pretty cool kid.

If only they had the lego mind storm devices when I was a kid. I did all kinds of animatronics when I was kid but they all used mechanical sequencers. I guess it is good they did not have digital programing devices or I would never had learned so much about mechanics "motors, gears , cams and levers. I like the intro to the kids video, looks like he has some skills in the movie making or story telling world.

He seems to have a hand of film techniques,....He's on his way to that walking robot.....and a job at Disney World🤖 one day.

Good to see some kids get hooked on hobbies instead of drugs.

Best advice I can give,(works for me anyway)  Stay interested and keep a child like fascination with things.😜