Price Record For This Type Of Robot?

spirou

This is unused store stock, mint. But you are right this is still pretty high! Guess the lead bidder really wants this robot. He has been outbid several times, but keeps coming back! :P

Hmm, the same sellers cragston astronaut made good money too considering there was a fair bit of rust in the battery box. <_<

i think the end price is a little high, but still sorta ok.

i got mine about 5 years ago. my box is not as nice, and i remember paying in the high 5s for it.

i'm happy it got to that end price...although i would have paid around 650 for him.

That price doesn't seem to far off to me either, and the condition is stellar. I recall JimmyS being a seasoned collector in the North East US (possibly even a dealer).

Though I don't specialize in tin, I haven't seen it for sale too often. The design looks quite nice to an inexperienced tin collector like myself.

-Ed

Robot-Japan.com

i think the end price is a little high, but still sorta ok.

All the talk about Golden robots re: other thread got me wondering,

how scarce is the "Golden" Roto compared to this one? And would it be more expensive?

I was offered one a year or so back, but passed.. now wondering if I made a stupid mistake (as usual)

The golden roto robot is supposed to be the more rare of the 2. But as I recall about 8 years ago a small stash of golder roto's was found (or so the story goes) and were sold for about $150.00 each, thats when I added my golden roto as I havd not been able to find one mint until then.

I got my mint in box brown roto for $8 bucks in the early 1980's in a toy shop in Spokane.

Yes - I remember a german auction 10 years ago - after the auction all 3 roto's were left (one gold) - nobody wants to have them ( . . . 'cause of plastic) for something like $ 135,- each - all boxed. I call up the auctioneer . . . and so I got mine. I choosed the simple brown one - 'cause I hated this gold colour at that time . . . <_<

got my golden roto after my 2 browns.

paid less for it too :0)

BTW, the text on the box art is different from the text on the brown. golden reads : GOLDEN ROTO ROBOT.

the reason why i state this is because i HAVE seen the golden roto being sold with the brown roto box.

i have 2 brown variants. the litho differs on both. on the "bowtie" shaped thingy at the top of the chest, one robot has "roto robot" printed on it and the other one has a spiral pattern instead.

there you go. hopefully some useful robot trivia for you all.

thanks RPHR,

I breath trivia, and it made me feel a lil better, I do recall that the golden Roto I was offered had just a regular roto box, no "Golden Roto" wording. Also remembered that as it walked its torso kept rotating non-stop.. not sure if it was meant to be that way? Do yours do that?

it walked its torso kept rotating non-stop.. not sure if it was meant to be that way? Do yours do that?

Mine does

hi alain,

YES! the roto robot does rotate 360 degrees as it walks.

his action is really quite wonderful.

Archived