Honda Robot 1985

Golddalek

Bought this off eBay...took a few weeks to arrive...probably paid too much, but whatever🙄

I know nothing about it.,,installed 4 AA batteries, the Honda Bot shook, -sounds like a gyro turning inside....

Before it would 'blow up' or something  🤨- I decided to turn it off...I suppose there was a controller that goes with it-

but at the time, I just brought it home like a 10 yr old would with a stray animal.🐸

anyway,....I suppose maybe one day I can find a controller however-  I'm happy as is.

Honda 1.jpg

Honda 2.jpg

Aha.....so that's how to moves...The Harlem Shuffle.....the seller is in Japan, so took awhile to ship to me.

You hear that bandsaw sound? yea...scary...but least I know now it's normal for the Honda Bot....Thank you for posting !

perhaps the number is a limited run they did?... maybe each robot got it's own number? 🤔

What a racket it makes for such little movement. Maybe the gyro wasn't the way to go. Cool looking 80s design, though.

It certainly has an interesting action. I had one years ago and when started it sounded like it was going to explode. Like Andy says, it's a complicated way to walk. Perhaps with the remote control there are more options to control the robot. 

I have one of these somewhere and another green one that is like a dinosaur. Wherever they are I still have the remote controls. Must be 30 years or so old. I will try and find them. (Not as easy a task as it sounds!) 😂 

Yes.....Original, least from the seller in Japan.....Hmmm.....never noticed...Maybe it's a Kosher bot.🤨

I certainly didn't stick that on there.