PURSUIT: PHIL'S SPACE PAINTING #4

Phil R

This is my fourth in a series of space paintings. This one feature a battle using my large build rocket using a Royal vacuum.  He's being fired on but  uses a defenses shield. It's called  PURSUIT.  If you ever wonder if most artists are messy when painting the answer is probably yes. This is my main adjustable painting table. I also have a larger drafting table to work on projects. 

1-P1010002.JPG

1-IMG_0700-001.jpg

1-P1010004.JPG

Brian, my niche is to convey the retro look as you said. I am finding that there could be endless possibilities.  

Andy, I wanted this one to be a fantasy background to tie together the circular effect of the rockets. That effect gives it a pastel look.

My next painting will take more effort as I sort through the elements and placement  of the preliminary. I'm tentatively naming it

THE ROAD TO PERDITION

I'll bet concocting the correct shield density took some time..When you have brightly colored craft in space,,,the intense UV is going to degrade it pretty quick..My question,,I wonder how you paint it and how does it dry ? 😆Sublimation ....

Mark, did you fall and go underwater while fishing?🤔 Seriously, It took a  curved  template and an airbrush. It took more time figuring the effect on the shield from an invisible painted laser. 

Indeed, painting is it's own skill...I tried it once, I don't have the eye for mixing, applying colors.

I commend you on this. 😎👌

GD, I hope I learned something through 50 years in the advertising art business,  some years of painting and 20 of that 50 restoring antique advertising.

Robert, thanks. Did you check my other 3 paintings in the art category?