21:1 speed reduction Cycloidal drive.

robothut

• 1 year later...

Just revisiting this thread for a future project.   Am I correct in thinking that the 'tank' is being driven by the wobble drive to one wheel only and the other wheel is free spinning.  I can see a drive is being taken from the other side of the motor for the clicker but assume this is not driving the wheel as it would turn at a higher speed.   Thanks in advance for any clarification.

• 1 month later...

Sorry John.    By tank I meant your space vehicle mounted to this toy.   My thinking of how this worked was totally wrong.    I assumed the motor drive was turning right hand wheel and the wobble drive which in turn turned the left wheel.  Totally wrong as this meant the left wheel was going at the slower speed and backwards which meant the toy just went round and round in circles.  Took me ages to realise the wobble drive just turned the two cog lifting gear and nothing to do with the wheel drive which comes direct from the motor.   Very obvious now but just could not get my head round it from the video.   I have now completed the base and works perfectly just how you show it,  now I just have to finish making the body for the vehicle.  Many thanks for providing the files and videos they are much appreciated, even though I still get them wrong.....

Just been looking at your new Zom Bot videos.  Something else for me to get working on and get wrong.