• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robothut

• Phil R

• RoboDerby

• Roboto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So what color should I print the torpedo body in ? And of the two robots what one looks at home on this guy.  If it was not a robot project I would make a Slim Pickens figure to ride this bad boy , Dr. Strange Love style.

I have added a red nose to the torpedo as a test.

DSC06408.jpg

John, I personally like the colors you have already used-The yellow-orange  and red-And I like the Non Twiki head the best--Very Cool !!!!

This one is great John. I agree with the rest so far that the non Twiggy version is better. Non Twiggy has a really great look. The benefit of easily accessing the inside is always a plus and something that I try to keep in mind when thinking about my own designs.

Very cool, Mr. Rigg. I lean towards non-Twiki as well. Any thoughts on doing the red/yellow color scheme from the comic?

Those poor flying torpedoes going on one way missions.

2 hours ago, Andyman said:

Those poor flying torpedoes going on one way missions.

The coefficient of drag has to be horrendous ..🤣

I am working on the comic strip version now. And I guess spray paint could make it the red / yellow version, but comic's only had limited number of  colors they could use . So things were not always the way the artist wanted then to be but how they had to be. I will do a new thread with the comic strip version once I get it done. Maybe I will post it non painted and just printed in gray filament at first, then try painting it.

John, is the rocket thruster section red filament or painted? If filament then the man could be the same red, legs silver as shown or red and up to someone else to choose rocket cone if you don't want to paint it.  I'm highly anticipating the strip version and would love to purchase it for my Buck Rogers collection.

I like the silver robot but added more red highlights to it.

The comic strip version is coming along, have to wait for paint to dry so that slows up things more than the 3d print time does.

DSC06409.jpg