Can anyone identify...

Jammie

I have only just found this site after searching on and off for a few years; trying to find out what some plastic space vehicles I loved as a kid were.  You can imagine how suprised I was to find they were Spacex and related to my beloved Thunderbirds and other Gerry Anderson series.

My mum used to get them for me, I believe from Woolworths.  They were only available for about a year, so we were always on the look out for more, or something similar I could add to them.  About a year later, at a local fair there was a similar card with what I thought was one of them on it.  Kept paying my 10p until I got three playing cards with three darts and won it.  It was the only one there and the only one he had ever got.

Sadly everything is lost in a house move, and I miss them so much.  So I cannot attach a picture, but does this description ring any bells with anyone?  The vehicle was about the same scale, but appeared to be made more cheaply.  The vehicle was a sort of rhomboid shape - Like a box, but the front and back were shaped like < >.  It was not the Cricket, the plastic actually had more of a waxy sheen to it.

The vehicle was a bright purple, with a light blue translucent dome.  There was a single spaceman inside, who was not quite to scale.  There was only the top half of him, and he was only about half the size of the proper golden spacemen.  I think he was silver?  What was white though was the little radar dish on the top of it, at the back.  It was a soft plastic, with square holes through it - Not a solid dish like the proper one had.  it was also quite thin and flexible.  It felt like it could tear easily,  There was no depth to any of the moldings, including the spaceman.  It appeared to be very cheaply made.  The wheels underneath did not run very well compared to the Spacex one either.  The thing is ... I seem to remember it saying "Rovex" underneath?

I suspect this was some sort of knock-off bought in a consignment of cheap plastic toys for fairgrounds, grabber machines in arcades and things like that.  It did say "Made in Hong Kong"