Mighty 8 Kaleidoscope Robot Project

Brian..

A couple of cans of paint required to make these interesting versions. Curse this lockdown!

Grey.jpgblue.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian..

• ROBODUDE

• RoboDerby

• Roboto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Brian.. said:

Curse this lockdown!

Haven’t you ever heard of looting Brian? C’mon, live a little!

Wow- I love that color version! I was thinking recently(for a change....)A couple of descriptions of this robot  that I have read say.."the red dome on the head does NOT light----Well, What if your version DID !!!  You could even print it in translucent white or clear and use a multicolor LED !   I bet that would really liven up the upper level-What do you think Brian? Just an idea😎 P.S. I especially like the version on the left-That blue grey color is Great!!

36 minutes ago, ROBODUDE said:

Wow- I love that color version! I was thinking recently(for a change....)A couple of descriptions of this robot  that I have read say.."the red dome on the head does NOT light----Well, What if your version DID !!!  You could even print it in translucent white or clear and use a multicolor LED !   I bet that would really liven up the upper level-What do you think Brian? Just an idea😎 P.S. I especially like the version on the left-That blue grey color is Great!!

AGREE !  If the dome head does have multicolor LED, it would be great!

Outstanding Brian! Please put me on the list for the original version. Thanks so much, and stay safe--Bob

Rich, I have the grey paint but I'm waiting for some chrome. I should have something to show in a day or two. I discovered a design error on the two prototypes that will make them unique. I've fixed it now. 

Meanwhile I've started bulk production of the back order of Mighty 8 robots. Any colour, as long as it's black. At the last count 14 people are interested so that will keep me busy. Just had to replace the main board on my old Prusa - it's been a workhorse for three years so deserves a new lease of life. Everything on a 3D printer is easily replaceable.  

My missus is complaining about the noise of four printers.  Little does she know that I've just ordered another: the Elegoo Saturn, the big resin printer. It has just been released and I've managed to snag an early bird offer at a bargain price. The run of 200 early bird and 800 pre-order Saturns sold out in less than 10 seconds, testimony to the amazing value of Elegoo printers. 

I can print heads and hands on the little Elegoo Mars, but I can't print the main body and legs. I'm looking forward to seeing if I can make a large, robust  walking resin robot in August. The quality of the finish should, in theory, be exceptional.

Wow!! Congrats on snagging the Saturn and please keep my name in the list for the Mighty 8. I printed my latest version of my wheel carriage today and the ratchet system works perfectly. It is a “clicky” design. But I like the noise, personally. Though I had a hell of a time designing the driving linkage for the leg in Fusion 360 yesterday due to the angles and trying to figure out how to build the design on multiple plains. After 12 hours of working on that single part I finally got it. Crossing my fingers that it works as I’ll be printing it today. One would have thought I was trying to design an Escher drawing as much trouble that I had. 🤣

Looking forward to seeing the new painted versions! That new printer sounds great-Congratulations👍 I am Definitely still interested in a Mighty 8 also-Just let me know when and I will paypal you-Thanks Brian! P,S.- any thought on a lighted dome for that guy?

I was not so lucky on the Saturn printer, I had every thing set up and the second they were live to be sold I hit the buttons. Sold out. Nothing for me. That's OK I am not sure that the USA will let anything from china in the country by the time they are ready to ship any way.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 10:38 AM, Brian.. said:

Rich, I have the grey paint but I'm waiting for some chrome. I should have something to show in a day or two. I discovered a design error on the two prototypes that will make them unique. I've fixed it now. 

Meanwhile I've started bulk production of the back order of Mighty 8 robots. Any colour, as long as it's black. At the last count 14 people are interested so that will keep me busy. Just had to replace the main board on my old Prusa - it's been a workhorse for three years so deserves a new lease of life. Everything on a 3D printer is easily replaceable.  

My missus is complaining about the noise of four printers.  Little does she know that I've just ordered another: the Elegoo Saturn, the big resin printer. It has just been released and I've managed to snag an early bird offer at a bargain price. The run of 200 early bird and 800 pre-order Saturns sold out in less than 10 seconds, testimony to the amazing value of Elegoo printers. 

I can print heads and hands on the little Elegoo Mars, but I can't print the main body and legs. I'm looking forward to seeing if I can make a large, robust  walking resin robot in August. The quality of the finish should, in theory, be exceptional.

I wonder if you could print a clear(see through) robot-for instance a remake of the Cragstan Ranger Robot on that baby?!  I remember you experimenting with resin printing clear parts awhile back-Could the new one handle printing a clear body ?

BUMMER !!!-I bet they get there though-I have always liked robots where you can see their inner workings in action