Roto-Matic robot R2B9 project.

robothut

One tall and one small. Ok so the project took a few mods to get right. They both walk with moving arms and spinning antenna, flashing lights and rotating body. The  taller one gets a little shaky when it gets rotating due to the bigger body and larger arms , but it does have the clicker test and the normally locked ratchet wheels. The shorter one has a color changing mouth effect, no clicker and standard ratchet wheels. Both robot have the new Bead Bearing rollers in the body / leg connection for low friction. This made it possible to not even need the use a magnetic slip clutch. Its a differential set up since the body is easier to rotate than the leg mechanics to operate , the body will want to rotate. The control lever lock the body from rotation normally until the Geneva unit lift the body lock and lets it turn.

Here is the new foot with the wheel axles angled up so the wheels are normally locked. Why this was never done before I do not know. It changes the operation for the better by so much its crazy.

DSC06322.jpg

DSC06323.jpg

DSC06330.jpg

DSC06331.jpg

'Lazy Susan' bearing from beads...Very creative...Another master piece.

I like the smaller version...I notice the end effectors are similar in design to the Zeroid, Zobar.🤖

• 2 months later...