Forbidden Planet Sets & Props

robothunter

There was a very well made biographical television movie about them...I think NBC made it ltwo years ago.

Most of the facts Robotnut mentioned are there and others...I don't know if it was ever released as a DVD but for the fanatics can be an interesting source.

;) I use the time machine and corrected my post...cause I kind of deleted two words involuntarily and it seemed I meant something else!!

Yeah Morbius I think the movie was very well done.

B) I used that Time Machine myself to edit after Robotnut straightened me out on the facts!! I always get the 'Curly's' mixed up!

• 18 years later...

Forbidden Planet, MGM, 1956

1972836240_forbiddenplanetintroom2.JPG.0f09bd4aec0e96a99abf3c2ae84a4b70.JPG1494349974_forbiddenplanetintroom.JPG.abe0c5de4c8285187eac0e270724cc45.JPG

1956 Premium Distributors Co. catalog cover and interior page. The Celestialier ceiling fixture (or one like it) was wall mounted in the film.

993917477_1956premiumdistributorsco.catcov.jpg.0aa5347d705f36699ac473004f954b07.jpg1706728949_1956premiumdistributorscocatintlights.jpg.67a95d0df6029eab4397f3026bce9ac8.jpg

Could Morbius' desk lamp have come from the same source?

541369337_forbiddenplanetdesklamp.JPG.6cceb1327e75b68b6b7dd5cb9ab5ff2a.JPG

Joe -So how many times have you seen Forbidden Planet? Didn't you have it on in the museum all day long every day for years? I bet you had these set pieces memorized before you googled them for the pics. 

I have an entire file on mid century lighting(20th) including  the sunburst and  Saturn lights as well as modern retro versions.

sputnik led lamp.jpg

Joe, thanks for rescuing this almost 20 year old post !!!

It was fun to remember what I used to know about the Stooges.

I truly have forgotten more about the Stooges then most people know 😎

MeTV, that we watch over air from Detroit, has a movie host called Svengoolie.

Svengoolie is a cross between the Ghoul and Sir Graves Ghastly.

His Saturday night show starts with an hour of the Stooges and then a classic monster movie.

His movie rotation includes Forbidden Planet, Godzilla and The Day the Earth Stood Still.

Love the spacey mid century lamps. I've been know to have a few of them.

Right now they are in storage, but I do have a bit of vintage decor around the house.

You can see more at http://www.kingofkitsch.com

Svengoolie.jpg