Soviet Robot Prototype 3D Build

Brian..

The Meter Version. I'm not happy with it yet and am reworking the whole chest. 

Sorry my videos are so poor!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian..

• ROBODUDE

• Tinplate6

• RoboDerby

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Brian.. said:

I'm not happy with it yet and am reworking the whole chest. 

Whereas I actually quite like the slow speed with the piston action, to me the speed doesn’t play as well with the meter action. I wonder if the dial action could be sped up by using some sort of spring return on the dial and driving it with an activator, like a cam or wheel with tab(s) attached to an existing shaft to initiate the action of pushing the dial one direction followed by the spring returning it in the other direction. Just a thought. Though even with a faster dial, I think personally i favor the piston action version. That one really is marvelous!

The Piston Chest one is awesome!

Or may be is it possible looking like Mighty 8 Robot (Madudaya)with a fancy colour dial on the chest? Or just like a kaleidoscope?

Anyway, it is a great job Brian!

The Planet Explorer variations to date:

The meter version has been changed to a gear version. The three Russian-style gears move back and forth:

IMG_4585.JPG

And the gun version has become a pacifist. After all he's a Planet Explorer, not a Planet Conqueror. (Hmm... that's a great theme for a robot build)

IMG_4586.JPG

The Piston version:

IMG_4587.JPG

WOW !!!!!!!  Could you post a video of these new guys???!!!!----THEY ARE AWESOME !!!!!--Please sign me up for a gear version too when you start making them !!!!

3 hours ago, Tinplate6 said:

Brian, the gear version looks great, but it needs some graphics behind the gears...the white is too stark.

The background graphics you used on the Piston version would look good behind the gears too !!!😀👍

Personally, though I think some graphics like that on the piston version might also look good on the geared version, I also kind of like the simplicity of the design of the geared guy as is. Any chance the white behind the gears is backlit? Might look cool with a color changing LED backlight.

I also agree with Jeremy! The white background would look great with a color changing LED behind it ! Is that white plastic translucent??? That would also look great- I love the square spoked design you did for the gears !! The more lights the better IMHO !!!!😆