Jupitor 2 Radar Robot. 3d printed linear-shuffle walking.

robothut

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robothut

• 6Stelab9

• Brian..

• Roboto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks as always! There's great economy in the design, John, and I love the hip shuffle. I've downloaded the files and I'm studying them intently. I can see how your design could be used in those troublesome slender leg robots. 

I just realised you printed the leg and feet in one unit, split down the middle. That's just saved you hours of printing and assembling time. All the hassle of robot building seems to revolve around designing decent legs. I must give this a whirl - I seem to have time on my hands. 

I'm still not converted to the no-ratchet wheels, though. They work well enough on fast moving legs but they seem to be wasteful of motion. 

Print a set of leg and wheel parts Brian. You will see that I have set the amount of travel from free wheel to lock up very tight, so little foot movement is waisted. For example Mr. Robot Junior toy not only uses the linear / shuffle mech but also uses the sliding ratchet wheel lock system and it has super slow walking with limited leg movement and seem to work great for such a small bot.

I really love your Version 2 Jupiter 2 Radar Robot with its unique body swaying motion and conservative retro look. Please put me on your list if you are going to build these robots for purchase--I would love one in blue like the blue color you used for my Mr. Monster robot--Bob B.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

This Robot does 'The Twist'.......Now I seen everything. 😮

Amazing light show, very impressive Robothut 3D build......will this bot be entering the races?😗